30 people attended the very first worship service at the Gulf Breeze Presbyterian Church (GBPC). What had started as a small group Bible study had grown into a church community and on October 19, 1958, GBPC was officially organized and chartered by the denomination. With the leading of the Holy Spirit and by the faith of its members, the congregation called its first pastor and the property on Daniel Drive and Andrew Jackson Trail was purchased.
For over 50 years, the church has been active in the community, launching ministries like Interfaith Ministries and in recent years, the Weekend Food Program (which feeds about 400 children in our area). Today the people at GBPC continue to witness and to serve the community at Camp Happy Sands, Dogwood Acres, Loaves and Fishes, the Good Samaritan Clinic, Waterfront Rescue Mission, Interfaith Ministries, Habitat for Humanity and many, many other national and international disaster and global outreach missions.
The church is home to many community based organizations including the Santa Rosa Community Preschool, Boy Scouts of America Troop 11, Girl Scout troop 826, and the Dogwood Garden Club.